Surface: Mostly smooth. Alternately asphalt and concrete.
Height difference: Flat
Signs: Specific ‘The Meuse by bike’ directional signs are in place along the entire stage.
- At the Belgian-Dutch border in Petit-Lanaye, ‘The Meuse by bike’ route continues into the Netherlands towards Maastricht following the LF-Maasfietsroute.
- Foot of the Saucy footbridge in Liege, Quai Van Beneden, on the right bank of the Meuse.
- Coordinates Lambert 72 : X : 235583 m - Y : 148525 m
- GPS coordinates: Latitude: 50°38'27.87" N - Longitude: 5°34'43.44" E
- Access by Train: Liège-Guillemins SNCB railway station.
- Pay car parking near the starting point.
- L’île Robinson in Visé (at the Visé harbour master's office, go along the Meuse for a while towards Visé bridge. L’île Robinson leisure site is just after you go under the Visé bridge).
- RAVeL map of the Province of Liège published by the SPW. This map, called ‘More RAVeL, more pleasure’, can be ordered free of charge by clicking here.
Around the route by bike:
- In Visé and beyond as far as Maastricht, connection to the nodal-points cycling networks of the Lower Meuse, Belgian Limburg and Dutch Limburg.
- Two cycling loops of about 30 kilometres start from Visé: the Pear Tree ride and the Cherry Tree ride.