Between Wavre and Daussoulx, the route runs along country lanes and
mainly quiet roads. Between Wavre and the car-sharing car park in
Thorembais/Grand-Leez, the stage is not signposted/waymarked. Between
the car-sharing car park in Thorembais/Grand-Leez and Daussoulx, full
directional signs with EV5 identification panels are in place. Click
here for a detailed description.
Between Daussoulx and Namur, you follow the Line 142 RAVeL which has full directional signs including panels identifying the EV5. Just before the end of Line 142 in Namur, having gone under a road bridge, you leave the RAVeL and follow a short greenway on the right between fences along the railway line. You go through the passage under the railway on your left. When you come out of the little tunnel, you follow the short ramp opposite you and the little road leading you to the RAVeL along the edge of the Sambre. After 1.4 km, turn left towards place Maurice Servais and the centre of Namur.
Surface: Smooth (asphalt or concrete)
Height difference: Imperceptible incline or flat.
Signs: Full directional signs with EV5 identification panels are in place.
Safety, precautions: This stage consists mainly of stretches along quiet country roads but caution is nevertheless required. The dangerous crossings are indicated by a red triangle in the detailed description.
- In Wavre: section shared with the W2 regional route between the start and the crossing with the N268 (chaussée de Louvain). At this point, you can turn onto the W2 route towards Jodoigne.
- At the old Grand–Leez railway station, the route crosses the Line 147 RAVeL which takes you to Gembloux on one side and Perwez and Landen on the other.
- From Daussoulx to Namur along the Line 142 RAVeL, the stage is shared with the W5 regional route. In Daussoulx, you can turn onto the W5 route towards Eghezée, Ramillies and Jodoigne.
- Upon arriving in Namur, Quai de l’Écluse, connection with the EV3 international route and the W6 regional route. Possibility of turning west in the direction of Charleroi.
- Place de l’Hôtel de Ville, Wavre, intersection of rue de Nivelles and rue du Chemin de Fer.
- Coordinates Lambert 72 : X : 166950 m - Y : 156220 m
- GPS coordinates: Latitude: 50°42'58.63" N - Longitude: 4°36'31.55" E
- Access by train: Wavre Belgian railway station. To reach the starting point from the railway station: with the station behind you in place Henri Berger, turn left into rue des Volontaires for about a hundred metres then right into rue du Chemin de Fer.
- Access by car: free parking in avenue des Mésanges. The start is 300 metres away, turning left at the level crossing and taking rue du Chemin de Fer.
- Rest area: At the entrance to Namur.
- RAVeL maps of the Provinces of Walloon Brabant and Namur published by the SPW. These maps, called ‘More RAVeL, more pleasure’, can be ordered free of charge by clicking here.