The route runs largely along the RAVeL of the Espierres Canal, the
Scheldt and Line 83 in Wallonia. Here and there, it also follows quiet
Surface: Smooth - alternately asphalt and concrete.
Height difference: Flat or imperceptible incline.
Signs: Only the section in Wallonia along the Espierres canal, on the Line 83 RAVeL and through the commune of Mont-de-l'Enclus as far as the limit with Renaix/Ronse has directional signs with the EV5 panels. You can also refer to the interactive map on our website, the paper RAVeL map of the Province of Hainaut or download the GPX file below to organise your trip as well as possible.
Safety, precautions: Most of the time, you will be on the RAVeL’s own path or on quiet roads. The motor traffic is a little heavier between Russeignies and Renaix/Ronse.
- Route shared with the W4 regional route as far as the bridge over the Espierres canal in Espierres-Helchin/Spiere-Helkijn. From this point, the route is shared with the W2 regional route. If you turn onto the W4 route, this takes you along the Scheldt RAVeL to Tournai.
- Leers-Nord lock, rue du Canal in Leers-Nord (Estaimpuis).
- Coordinates Lambert 72 : X : 71456 m - Y : 153964 m
- GPS coordinates: Latitude: 50°41'27.51" N - Longitude: 3°15'25.51" E
- Access by train:
- From Estaimbourg railway station, which lies about five kilometres to the south of the starting point, take the N510 towards Pecq for approximately 600 metres. Then take the first left towards Leers-Nord. Follow nodal points Nos 45, 36, 34, 32 and 30.
- As you leave Herseaux railway station, which lies about 6.5 kilometres to the north of the starting point, head towards the level crossing on the N512 (chaussée d’Estaimpuis). Turn left and carry on for just over 300 metres, then take the 3rd right (to the right of the crossroads with traffic lights). Then follow nodal points Nos 29, 33, 34, 32 and 30.
- Parking: Large car park next to the starting point.
- RAVeL map of the Province of Hainaut published by the SPW. This map, called ‘More RAVeL, more pleasure’, can be ordered free of charge by clicking here.
- Maps of West and East Wallonie picarde (Western Hainaut) by bike: wapishop.be.
Around the route by bike: