From the start in Thuin until Erquelinnes, you follow RAVeL Sambre throughout this stage. In French territory, the walking and cycling path on the left bank of the Sambre allows you to reach Jeumont and Maubeuge in complete safety.
Surfacing: smooth (mainly asphalt and concrete). Some sections in fine-grained stone in French territory.
Incline: no slope.
Signposting: the entire stage has specific signposting "EV3 - RAVeL Sambre".
- From Thuin, shared route with the W6 regional route.
- At the railway bridge between Thuin and Lobbes, possible fork on the W3 regional route towards Beaumont and Chimay following RAVeL Line 109/2. At rue du halage in Lobbes, possible fork on the W3 regional route towards Binche and La Louvière via the RAVeL Line 109/1.
- At the Erquelinnes marina, possible fork on RAVeL line 108 towards Estinnes and Binche.
- Chemin du Halage 6530 Thuin
- Lambert 72 coordinates: X: 144165 m - Y: 114545 m
- GPS coordinates: Latitude: 50°20'30.62"N -Longitude: 4°17'12.21"E
- Access by Train: Thuin Station: Rue de la Gare/Rue de Bethléem in 6530 Thuin
- Rest area: Lobbes, Erquelinnes marina.
- RAVeL map of the Hainaut province published by the SPW. This map, called "More RAVeL, more fun", can be ordered for free by clicking here.