You start this stage on the Quai du Condroz in Angleur, on the left
bank of the Ourthe. You head towards the Rue du Biez on a short
connection towards RAVeL Ourthe Canal. The latter brings you close to
the Meuse that you cross on a footbridge adjoining to the Railway
Bridge. It is located just before the cable-stayed bridge on the Meuse.
The signposting invites you to continue towards Seraing and Huy on
small local roads. Somewhat distant from the left bank of the Meuse,
these public roads wind through the areas of Val Benoît, Sclessin and
Shortly before Jemeppe, you cross the Seraing Bridge to reach the
right bank of the Meuse. After crossing the city on well-marked local
roads, you will find the RAVeL on dedicated cycle paths for a few
kilometres until the Ivoz-Ramet lock dam bridge. At this point, you
leave the RAVeL Meuse to take a connection link of about 12km on
regional and local roads that will take you through Ivoz-Ramet, Ramioul,
Hermalle-sous-Huy and Ombret.
At Ombret, you return to the edge of the Meuse (right bank). You
follow the site of Tihange nuclear power station and you reach the
centre of Huy via a well-signposted connection link on local roads.
Surfacing: mostly smooth. Alternating between asphalt and concrete.
Incline: no slope.
Signposting: Follow signposts to "La Meuse à vélo",
very useful, especially to locate the connection on local roads between
the exit Liège and Seraing, the Seraing crossing, the section between
Ivoz-Ramet and Ombret and the Huy crossing.
Safety, precautions: Between the exit Liège and
Ombret, the route is mainly on local roads with low to moderate traffic
and speed, without any cycling paths (± 20km on shared roads).
- Shared stage with routes The Meuse by Bike (international) et regional W6 (Along the riverside).
- In Jemeppe-sur-Meuse, which faces Seraing, you can connect to RAVeL Lines 212 and 210 towards Montegnée and Ans.
- In Huy, you can connect to RAVeL Line 126 towards Ciney.
- In Huy, by taking RAVeL Meuse on the left bank towards Statte and Wanze, you will also be able to reach RAVeL Line 127
in Huccorgne, towards Braives, Hannut and Landen. You will need to
cross through the centre of Wanze, follow the N64 for a short stretch,
then Rue Val Notre Dame and the N652 for 2km (heavy traffic).
- Quai du Condroz 27 -29, 4031 Angleur (Liege), along the Ourthe,
facing Gramme School, not far from the Fétinne/Fragnée Bridge and the
Belle-Île shopping centre.
- Lambert 72 coordinates: X: 236260 m - Y: 146122 m
- GPS coordinates: Latitude: 50°37'9.75"N -Longitude: 5°35'15.88"E
- Car parking available near the starting point.
Access by Train: Liège-Guillemins SNCB Station.
- RAVeL map of the Liège province published by the SPW. This map, called "More RAVeL, more fun", can be ordered for free by clicking here.